Sunday, June 2, 2013

Molly Takes a Vacation

In my welcome post, I explained how Molly arrived here...against my opinion. In two days on Friday, we were scheduled to go to Gettysburg, PA for the weekend. Molly's sitter fell through and now what were we supposed to do? I spoke to the people at the hotel we were staying at and low and behold they had pet rooms and just moved us into one of them. Thank Goodness.

At this point, I was upset at my wife for not listening, upset at Molly because I was not thrilled that she was purchased and upset because our two chihuahuas could not stand the fact that Molly was here. The whole house was in turmoil. I need a vacation....

So off to Gettysburg we go. Just me, my lovely wife, HER dog and our daughter. I must admit that this doggie was growing on me. Seems that as soon as we filled up the van and rolled up Route 896, this pooch became more and more....something.

So because we had this puppy on vacation, we had to curtail what we did to accommodate the fact that we had to stay with her. We ate some meals in our hotel room, we ate some meals picnic style upon the battlefield and even once we ate real fast in a restaurant while she slept in the car (note - RELAX animal activists; it was 60 degrees and the sun was down on a beautiful October evening). When the girls went shopping I stayed outside on benches watching the dog and conversing with everyone who walked by because they were so beside themselves with this cute creature. Molly was the biggest attraction in Gettysburg that weekend.

Molly spent many hours in some shops hidden in Mommy's jacket and went out on ghost hunts with us. She had a busy weekend for a 12 week old puppy. Of course we took pictures, we take lots of pictures of Molly. Here is one for you taken behind Devil's Den. She takes a great picture.

So it was a real good weekend, we had fun even though we had to curtail our planning around Molly. In fact, we found out over the next two years that the world as we know it does, in fact, revolve around Molly. But something really fantastic happened that weekend in Gettysburg....I fell in love with Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment